Skip to main content
Campus Resources
Locked Out

Locked Out?

Locked out and need to know what to do?

If you are locked out of your room, a temporary key (called a loan key) may be issued according to the following directions:

  1. Log into the Online Housing System
    • Click Apply/Login
    • After logging in, click "Request Loan Key or Replacement Key" and follow the on screen instructions.
  2. Once you've submitted the online request, go to the Loan Key Desk appropriate to your building:
    • Belk, Lynch, Miltimore, Wallis or Witherspoon: Belk Hall, 704-687-5576
    • Holshouser, Hunt, Laurel or Scott: Hunt Hall, 704-687-5399
    • Levine or Wilson: Wilson Hall, 704-687-5461
    • Cedar, Elm, Greek Village, Hawthorn, Hickory, Martin, Oak or Pine: Martin Hall, 704-687-6131
  3. To check out a key, you must be able to present a valid photo ID or answer security questions.
  4. Use the key to gain entry to your room. You must return the loan key immediately after use. If you do not return it within the stated time frame given during issuance of the loan key, you will be charged for a lock change.
  5. When you return the key, you must present a valid picture ID and show your permanent key/card. The $5 loan key charge will be posted to your student account within 5-10 buisness days.

Loan Key Desks are open 7 days a week with a limited closure from 6:30-8 a.m. each day. If you are locked out during this closure, call your hall’s RA on Duty phone to be let into your room.

Note: the staff working the desk must leave the desk area to accomplish work related tasks. If the desk staff member is not available when you return the loan key/card, please wait at the desk for his/her return.

During winter break and transitional times between terms, please follow the posted signs to request room access.