IMPORTANT NOTE: Students eligible to live in summer housing must be registered for summer classes at UNC Charlotte or enrolled at UNC Charlotte in the Spring 2023 semester and pre-registered for class in the Fall 2023 semester.
Summer Housing Terms
Summer First Half Term
- Check-in: May 19 (9 a.m. 12 p.m.) and May 20 (1 p.m. 5 p.m.)
- Check-out: June 29 (9 a.m.)
Summer Second Half Term
- Check-in: June 30 (1 p.m. 5 p.m.) and July 1 (9 a.m. 12 p.m.)
- Check-out: August 10 (5 p.m.)
Every effort is made to honor roommate requests if a roommate group has been created and if such requests are possible.
All Wallis and Witherspoon Hall residents with Summer First Half Term will be automatically reassigned to their existing spaces, unless they are assigned to staff rooms or designated reserved program spaces in some Witherspoon Hall units. All impacted students will be notified of necessary changes as they are assigned for summer.
Summer Housing Rates
The rates below are per term and are all-inclusive (rent, laundry allowance, utility charges, cable TV connection, internet and Resident Students Association fee). Rates do not include meal plans.
- 4 Person/4 Bedroom Apartment: $1,085 (per term)
- 4 Person/4 Bedroom Suite: $1,045 (per term)
- 2 Person/2 Bedroom Suite: $1,050 (per term)
- 4 Person/4 Bedroom Apartment: $1,085 (per term)
- 4 Person/2 Bedroom Suite: $985 (per term)
You must check in by 5 p.m. on May 20, for Summer First Half Term or by 12 p.m. on July 1, 2023 for Summer Second Half Term to avoid cancellation of your housing contract and pro-rated housing charges. If you are unable to arrive by this time, please notify Housing and Residence Life in writing or via email. Include your name, student identification number, summer room assignment (if you know it), the date and time of your expected arrival and a phone number so we can contact you. This will enable us to make other check-in arrangements.
If you decide you dont need campus housing during the summer, you must cancel your summer school housing application by submitting an online Housing Cancellation Request.
Visit our cancellation webpage to review the deadlines applicable to summer 2023 housing.
Summer Occupancy and Transitions
The Summer Contract for Residential Services has the following occupancy periods: May 19 - June 29 (Summer First Half Term) and June 30 - August 10 (Summer Second Half Term). Spring 2023 residents may be granted approval to move into or remain in University summer housing before and beyond the period of occupancy outlined above. This extended occupancy authorization is to enable current residents to smoothly make housing transitions between the full academic semesters and the summer term(s). If approved for extended occupancy beyond the dates outlined above, the student agrees that all other terms and conditions of the Summer Contract for Residential Services apply throughout the duration of the extended occupancy.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of the spring semester, you will also be provided housing May 12 - May 19 as part of your Summer First Half Term contract.
- If you are not a resident at the end of the spring semester, summer housing will not include the period between the end of spring semester and the beginning of the first summer term. Your check-in date will be May 19, 2023 or May 20, 2023.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of Summer Second Half Term and have a Fall 2023 housing assignment, you will be provided housing from August 10 August 16. Temporary housing may also be necessary for some people, depending on their Fall 2023 housing assignment, during the period between August 10 and August 16. Specific information will be sent when cleaning and maintenance schedules are established.
- All Summer (Second Half Term) residents not living on campus for Fall 2023 must be completely moved out on August 10 by 5 pm. Summer residents transitioning to different spaces on campus must be completely moved out of their summer space by 5 p.m. on August 10.
- If you are requesting summer housing for both Summer First Half Term and Summer Second Half Term, you must complete both applications and may remain in your space between the terms (June 29 through June 30, 2023).
Spring Residents Transitioning to Summer First Half Term Housing
If you currently live in Wallis Hall or Witherspoon Hall and are assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You are required to take certain cleaning preparations within your unit in order to remain in your space between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer housing.
- Housekeeping staff will enter your unit to clean common spaces and unoccupied bedrooms in your unit on Monday, May 15. Please bring personal items into your personal bedroom during this time. A separate email will be sent to let you know when Housekeeping will be entering the unit to clean.
If you currently live in Belk, Hunt, Lynch, Miltimore, Wallis and Witherspoon and are NOT assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You will need to check into Transitional Housing in Sanford Hall on Friday, May 12 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. You will not share a room with another person in Sanford so that there will be adequate room for your things. Your current spaces are being used immediately following Spring closing requiring you to be completely moved out by 12 p.m. on May 12.
- You will check out of Sanford Hall on May 19th and check into your Summer 1st Half space between 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
If you currently live in ANY Hall other than Belk, Hunt, Lynch, Miltimore, Wallis and Witherspoon Hall:
- Stay in your spring assignment until Summer Housing check-in on May 19 or May 20.
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 12 p.m. on May 19.
Summer Second Half Term Residents Transitioning to Fall Housing
Many Summer Second Half Term residents who are assigned to campus housing for the Fall 2023 semester will be able to move directly from their summer space to their fall assignment. In some cases, fall assignments may not yet be available because of cleaning schedules. Students whose Fall 2023 assignments are not ready by August 10 will be given information regarding a new checkout date/time or instructions regarding transitional housing.
Summer residents with Fall 2023 assignments will be able to pick up their new keys at their fall assignment between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on August 10.
All Summer Second Half Term residents must be completely moved out of their summer assignments by 5 p.m. on August 10.