IMPORTANT NOTE: Students eligible to live in summer housing must be registered for summer classes at UNC Charlotte or enrolled at UNC Charlotte in the Spring 2022 semester and pre-registered for class in the Fall 2022 semester.
Summer Housing Terms
Summer (First Half Term)
- Check-in: May 20 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and May 21 (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Detailed move-in instructions can be found here.
- Check-out: June 29 (12:00 pm)
Summer (Second Half Term)
- Check-in: June 30 (1 p.m. – 5 p.m.) and July 1 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
- Check-out: August 10 (5 p.m.)
Every effort is made to honor roommate requests if a roommate group has been created and if such requests are possible.
All Miltimore Hall residents with Summer First Half Term will be automatically reassigned to their existing spaces, unless they are assigned to staff rooms or designated reserved program spaces in some 3rd, 5th and 6th floor units of Miltimore. All impacted students will be notified of necessary changes as they are assigned for summer.
Summer Housing Rates
The rates below are per term and are all-inclusive (rent, laundry allowance, utility charges, cable TV connection, Internet and Resident Students Association fee). Rates do not include meal plans.
- 4-bedroom/4-person apartment: $1085 (per term)
- 4-bedroom/4-person apartment: $1085 (per term)
- All suites: $1045 (per term)
You must check in by 5 p.m. on May 21, 2022 for Summer First Half Term or July 1, 2022 for Summer Second Half Term to avoid cancellation of your housing contract and pro-rated housing charges. If you are unable to arrive by this time, please notify Housing and Residence Life in writing or via email. Include your name, student identification number, summer room assignment (if you know it), the date and time of your expected arrival and a phone number so we can contact you. This will enable us to make other check-in arrangements.
If you decide you don’t need campus housing during the summer, you must cancel your summer school housing application by submitting an online cancellation form.
Visit our Cancellation webpage to review the deadlines applicable to summer 2022 housing.
Summer Occupancy and Transitions
The Summer Contract for Residential Services has the following occupancy periods: May 20, 2022 - June 29, 2022 (Summer First Half Term) and June 30, 2022 - August 10, 2022 (Summer Second Half Term). Spring 2022 residents may be granted approval to move into or remain in University summer housing before and beyond the period of occupancy outlined above. This extended occupancy authorization is to enable current residents to smoothly make housing transitions between the full academic semesters and the summer term(s). If approved for extended occupancy beyond the dates outlined above, the student agrees that all other terms and conditions of the Summer Contract for Residential Services apply throughout the duration of the extended occupancy.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of the spring semester, you will also be provided housing May 13 - May 20 as part of your Summer First Half Term contract.
- If you are not a resident at the end of the spring semester, summer housing will not include the period between the end of spring semester and the beginning of the first summer term. Your check-in date will be May 20, 2022 or May 21, 2022.
- If you are residing in campus housing at the end of Summer Second Half Term and have a Fall 2022 housing assignment, you will be provided housing from August 10 – August 17. Temporary housing may also be necessary for some people, depending on their Fall 2022 housing assignment, during the period between August 10 and August 17. Specific information will be sent when cleaning and maintenance schedules are established.
- All Summer (Second Half Term) residents not living on campus for Fall 2022 must be completely moved out on August 10 by 12 pm. Summer residents transitioning to different spaces on campus must be completely moved out of their summer space by 5 p.m. on August 10.
- If you are requesting summer housing for both Summer First Half Term and Summer Second Half Term, you must complete both applications and may remain in your space between the terms (June 29 through June 30, 2022).
Spring Residents Transitioning to Summer First Half Term Housing
If you currently live in Martin Hall or Miltimore Hall and HAVE been assigned to the same space for summer housing:
- You are required to take certain cleaning preparations within your unit in order to remain in your space between the end of spring semester and the beginning of summer housing.
- Housekeeping staff will enter your unit to clean common spaces and unoccupied bedrooms in your unit. Please bring personal items into your personal bedroom during this time. A separate email will be sent to let you know when Housekeeping will be entering the unit to clean.
If you currently live in ANY Hall other than Martin Hall or Miltimore Hall:
- Stay in your spring assignment until Summer Housing check-in on May 20 or May 21.
- Completely move out and check out of your spring assignment by 5 p.m. on May 21.
Summer Second Half Term Residents Transitioning to Fall Housing
Many Summer Second Half Term residents who are assigned to campus housing for the Fall 2022 semester will be able to move directly from their summer space to their fall assignment. In some cases, fall assignments may not yet be available because of cleaning schedules. Students whose Fall 2022 assignments are not ready by August 10 will be given information regarding a new checkout date/time or instructions regarding temporary housing.
Summer residents with Fall 2022 assignments will be able to pick up their new keys at their fall assignment between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. on August 10.
All Summer Second Half Term residents must be completely moved out of their summer assignments by 5 p.m. on August 10.