Prohibited in all residential areas:
- Any appliance capable of heating grease or oil to a burning point (e.g. deep fryers, popcorn machines, etc.)
- Aquariums with tanks over 10 gallons
- Candles with wicks, incense, or other items that create an open flame
- Cats, dogs, and other non-fish pets except for approved ESAs, Service Animals, and those in pet-friendly housing.
- Ceiling tapestries
- Additional door locks (e.g. chain or deadbolt)
- Flammable items (charcoal, lighter fluid, open flame grills, butane torches, fireworks, etc.)
- Halogen lamps/bulbs
- Live Christmas trees
- LED light strips with adhesive (example)
- Loft beds
- Multi-plug extension cords that do not have a fuse
- Multi-plug wall outlets that do not have a fuse
- Non-UL approved devices
- Oil burning lamps
- Personal wireless internet routers
- Space heaters
- Weapons as defined by University Policy 702*
- Open coil burners/hot plates
- Transportation devices with Lithium Ion Batteries (e.g. hoverboards, skateboards, scooters, etc.) unless the device is approved through The Office of Disability
- 3D Printers/laminators
- Recording devices such as Ring Cameras
Prohibited With Exceptions:
Only permitted in apartment kitchens:
- Electric wok
- Electric griddle/grill
- Hot Air Cookers, including air fryers
- Indoor grills (George Foreman-type)
- Regular toaster
- Stovetop tea kettles
- Instant Pots/Pressure Cooker/Rice Cooker
- Toaster oven
*Weapons are prohibited on campus under the criteria set in University Policy 702. Knives and Bows & Arrows are permitted in assigned bed spaces if the following criteria are met. If these criteria are not met, and/or if the item(s) is used in conflict with University or departmental policies or expectations, as determined by University officials, the item is prohibited and may be confiscated.
A knife used solely for the preparation of food, instruction, and maintenance is permitted. A pocket/utility knife measuring 3 inches or less from handle to tip is presumed to be used solely for instruction or maintenance.
All bowie knives, dirks, daggers, and switchblade knives (a knife that opens automatically by the release of a spring or similar mechanism) are prohibited.
Bow & Arrows
Bows and arrows that have practice or blunt tips, are locked inside the student room, and are not accessible to others are permitted.
If you have questions about a specific item, please contact email@example.com.
You can also find a packing list here.