Skip to main content
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte Founded 1946


As written in the Contract for Residential Services, the student agrees to pay all semester charges for residential services when billed. Checks should be made payable to UNC Charlotte.

An installment payment plan is available through Niner Central, which can be reached at: 704-687-8622. If any Financial Aid has been awarded to the student it will automatically be applied toward the student’s account balance, including residential charges.

$100 Nonrefundable Housing Application Fee

To complete your application for housing you must pay a $100 nonrefundable housing application fee in the correct amount.

The housing application fee can be paid by credit card at the same time you apply for housing online. If you choose to pay the housing application fee at a later date, you can return to our Online Housing System and choose the Pay Housing Application Fee link. If you do not have a credit card or choose not to use your credit card you can pay your housing application fee with a personal check or money order.

If paying by check, please download and print the Housing Application Fee Check Form, to include with your payment, and mail to:

University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Housing and Residence Life
9201 University City Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001

Foreign currency must be converted to US dollars before the housing application fee can be accepted. If you have any questions with regard to the payment of the housing application fee, please contact Housing and Residence Life at 704‑687‑7501.

*NOTE: Returning residents that participate in the Return to Campus Living Campaign will have their $100 nonrefundable housing application fee waived.


To appeal a decision relating to refunds of fees for dining, housing and related services and/or housing application fees, a student must submit an online Tuition, Housing and Dining Appeal Form. Appeals for housing and meal plan charges must be submitted no later than twelve (12) months after the posting date of the charge on the student’s account.

Appeals related to housing facilities billing such as health and safety charges, room damage charges, common area damage charges and lock change or loan key charges must be submitted within thirty (30) days of the posting date on the student’s account. Appeals for facilities damage billing should be sent via email to

Please include:

  • Your full name and UNC Charlotte Student ID Number (e.g. 800xxxxxx)
  • Your room assignment
  • Your home address and phone number (where you can be reached).
  • The appeal should describe in detail how and why the bill originated and the reason it should be waived or reduced in amount, as well as the specific adjustments that are being requested.

Appeals are answered by letter and students will typically receive a reply to the appeal within thirty (30) days. Decisions are made by the Residence Coordinator where the charge occurred and reviewed by the Assistant Director for Guest Operations. Financial adjustments, if appropriate, will be applied directly to your Student Account.

To view Housing and Residence Life charges on your student account, log in to 49er Express. You can also contact the Housing Facilities Office at 704-687-7502 for further explanation of a charge.