Welcome, Future Residents!
We are glad you decided to apply to live on campus! The following information outlines the process related to completing your online application. Before you begin the online application process, take a few minutes to review the information below so you are aware how to apply, how to use the system with your NinerNET credentials and how to check your application status or assignment.
Living on campus at UNC Charlotte is very popular and demand is high. This means we are likely to have more students interested in living on campus than we have space to accommodate them. To support the success of incoming students, we will prioritize applications from entering first time in college (FTIC) students, new transfer and new international students, and then continuing students as available space allows.
If you know you want to live on campus, please apply early! A $100 non-refundable housing application fee is required and does not guarantee a housing assignment.
To apply for on campus housing, you must complete the basic application and submit a $100 non-refundable housing application fee. On your application, you will:
- Select your housing preferences
- Identify preferred roommates
- Select your meal plan
- Provide emergency contact information
- Digitally signing the Contract for Residential Services
- Provide Parent/Guardian form (if applicable)
- Pay $100 non-refundable housing application fee*
*NOTE: The housing application fee is nonrefundable and does not guarantee a housing assignment.
Before you begin your application, we recommend you gather all the information youll need so you can complete the application quickly and easily.
- Review your housing options to determine which building and room type you prefer. You will be required to list at least eight different preferences. Please keep in mind that preferences are NOT guarantees but are used for placement when requested space is available.
- Make sure you have your preferred roommate(s)s full name(s) and student identification numbers, if applicable.
- Review the various meal plan options available to you.
Apply for Housing
Log in to the Online Housing System using your NinerNET credentials. You will see your name on the welcome page when youve logged in. Review the instructions at the top of the welcome page, then select Click Here to Apply next to the application of your choice. Please make sure you read the application instructions located at the top of each page of the application and use the navigation buttons at the bottom of each page to move through the application. Remember, your application is not complete until you submit your $100 non-refundable housing application fee. Please note the housing application fee does not guarantee a housing assignment.
You can log back in to the Online Housing System to view your application.
If you need help applying or would like to speak to a housing representative, contact us at: