Housing and Residence Life offers housing to new students and their family/guests the night before their New Student Orientation (NSO) session begins.
Overnight housing is only available for the summer sessions in June and July.
If you are requesting housing during summer orientation, there will be an additional cost, which will be available on your First-Year and Transfer reservation form. Please contact email@example.com for details and questions.
Please refer to the details in your reservation and email communication from firstname.lastname@example.org as all important information will be communicated via email.
NSO Housing will be in a suite-style building. Suite units are either 2-bedroom/4-person suites or 4-bedroom/4-person suites. All suites have 1 bathroom and a furnished living room shared by the occupants.
Students and their family/guests will be assigned to a suite together. Students who are by themselves will be assigned to a suite with other students.
When: Check-in is from 4-6 PM the night before your NSO session.
Where: First-Year and Transfer Sessions will go to different places to check-in for housing, so please refer to your email communication from email@example.com for instructions on where to go.
When: Checkout is from 6:30-7:30 AM before your NSO session starts.
Where: Checkout for both First-Year and Transfer Sessions will take place in the main lobby of the building you stayed in.
Remove all personal belongings and take them to your vehicle. Keys and building access cards must be returned before going to your NSO session. Any keys/cards that are lost or not returned at checkout may be billed to the student’s account.
Suggested Packing List
Linen is not included. Participants will have the option to purchase a linen pack at the housing check-in for $20 via an online system. Linen packs include: 1 pillow, 1 pillow case, 1 mattress pad, 1 blanket, 2 sheets, 1 washcloth, 1 towel, 1 bathmat, and 2 bars of soap. Suggested items to pack include, but are not limited to:
- Toiletries, grooming products, or medications (toilet paper is provided)
- Flip flops or shower other shoes
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Chargers for electronics
- Refillable water bottles
- Bed and bath linen
- Beds are twin XL 36” x 80” bed on an adjustable frame. At the bed’s highest setting, the top of mattresses are 42.5” off the ground.
- Past participants who did not already have twin sized linen have brought full and queen sizes and have shared that they worked fine.
- Personal pillow and an extra blanket
- Participants typically prefer their own pillows and an extra blanket for additional comfort.
- While all residence halls are air-conditioned, North Carolina experiences high heat with humidity in the summer months. Participants who have stayed with us in the past have enjoyed having personal fans in their bedrooms for additional cooling.
New Student Orientation is a part of Enrollment Programs and Communications. Be sure to monitor the email communication sent by NSO for detailed information about the NSO session schedules and optional overnight housing.
For special requests/accommodations or if you have questions, please contact Enrollment Programs and Communications by phone during business hours at 704-687-5509 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.