5/12/22 UPDATE: The application for intern housing is now closed. The program is full for Summer 2022.
The Summer 2022 Intern Housing Application is open. Apply now!
In order to apply, you will need to create an account by clicking on the “Sign Up” link. Visit the application portal to get started.
UNC Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships or co-ops in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from Center City (Uptown) by car, and is directly connected to Center City by the Lynx Light rail Blue Line Extension, making commuting to internships very convenient!
Summer 2022 Intern Housing will be located in Wallis and Witherspoon Halls. Interns will have the option to be housed in single-gender, 4-person / 4-bedroom apartments or 2-person / 2-bedroom suites. Virtual tours of intern housing options are available here.
- All bedrooms are furnished with an adjustable height, 80" twin-XL bed, a *closet/wardrobe, a *sliding drawer dresser, and a desk/desk chair.
- All residence halls are air conditioned and equipped with wifi/cable.
- Private bathrooms are in each housing option.
- Living rooms are included in all housing options and come furnished with a sofa and TV stand. Private kitchens (not available in suites) include a full-sized refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave, sink, and a small kitchen table with 4 chairs. Communal kitchens and free laundry facilities are available in each building.
- Interns will need to provide their own cookware, cooking utensils, TV, bedding and toiletries.
*Specifics about furnishings in each room type can be found through the links above and under the “Rates, Deposits, and Payments” section on our FAQ page.
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application.
- The rate for a 4-person / 4-bedroom Apartment is $30.00 per contracted night.
- The rate for a 2-person / 2-bedroom Suite is $28.00 per contracted night.
- Students interning on UNC Charlotte’s campus or UNC Charlotte departments paying for their interns’ housing, please contact email@example.com directly for special rates.
- Intern Housing is available from Sunday, May 22 - Saturday, August 6, 2022.
- No housing is available past August 6 due to preparation for the Fall 2022 academic year.
- There is a $250 non-refundable deposit required when completing the application, and the deposit does go towards your invoice balance.
- Interns will receive an invoice prior to check-in as well as updates throughout their stay. All payment must be received by your checkout date or July 15, 2022, whichever comes first. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
- Contract for Residential Services
- 2022 Intern Welcome Packet and Information Guide
Applications for intern housing will not be accepted after May 1, 2022.