The intern housing application for summer 2023 is now open. Apply here!
In order to apply, you will need to create an account by clicking on the “Sign Up” link. Visit the Intern Housing application portal to get started.
UNC Charlotte offers safe, affordable housing on a traditional university campus for college students with internships or co-ops in the Charlotte area. UNC Charlotte is located in northeast Charlotte, conveniently located off North Tryon, I-85 and I-485. Our campus is less than 10 miles and approximately 20-30 minutes from Center City (Uptown) by car, and is directly connected to Center City by the Lynx Light Rail Blue Line Extension, making commuting to internships very convenient!
Summer 2023 Intern Housing will be located in Belk and Miltimore Halls. Interns will have the option to be housed in single-gender, 4-person / 4-bedroom apartments (in-unit kitchen included) or 2-person / 2-bedroom suites (no in-unit kitchen). Virtual tours of intern housing options are available here.
- All bedrooms are furnished with an adjustable height, 80" twin-XL bed, a *closet/wardrobe, a *sliding drawer dresser, and a desk/desk chair.
- All residence halls are air conditioned and equipped with wifi/cable.
- There are in-unit bathrooms in each housing option.
- Living rooms are included in all housing options and come furnished with a sofa and TV stand.
- In-unit kitchens (not available in suites) include a full-sized refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave and sink.
- Community kitchens and free laundry facilities are available in each building.
- Interns will need to provide their own cookware, cooking utensils, TV, bedding and toiletries.
*Specifics about furnishings in each room type can be found through the links above and under the “Rates, Deposits, and Payments” section on our FAQ page.
Intern Housing Details
- To reserve a space in Intern Housing, applicants must submit the online application.
- A 4-person / 4-bedroom Apartment with in-unit kitchen is $30.00** per contracted night.
- A 2-person / 2-bedroom Suite without an in-unit kitchen is $28.00** per contracted night.
- Intern Housing is available from Sunday, May 21 - Saturday, August 5, 2023.
- No housing is available past August due to preparation for the Fall 2023 academic year.
- There is a $100 non-refundable application fee required when completing the application.
- Interns will see their balance prior to check-in. All payment must be received by your checkout date or July 15, 2023, whichever comes first. Failure to pay could result in removal from Intern Housing, as well as notification to your internship location and/or host institution.
- Contract for Residential Services
Applications for intern housing will not be accepted after May 1, 2023. If intern housing fills to capacity prior to May 1, 2023, a waiting list will be started. Housing is not guaranteed until the intern has paid their application fee and receives a confirmation email
*Enrolled UNC Charlotte students and/or students interning with a UNC Charlotte department, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly for special rates.