Skip to main content
Frequently Asked Questions

Current Residents

Assignments  |  Move-In


I have differing abilities or special needs. How do I let Housing know about this?
We work in coordination with the Disability Services Office to provide accommodations to any resident with differing abilities or special needs.

How do I know if my application is complete?
You can log into the Online Housing System to access this information.

How do I know if I have been assigned?
You can log into the Online Housing  System to access this information.

How do I determine my room assignment?
Are you confused by the letters and numbers that comprise your housing assignment? If so, decoding your room assignment information should help! After reviewing the information, please contact us if you still have questions.

How do I view my assignment and roommates?
You can log into the Online Housing System to access this information.

How can I tell if I've been assigned to a tower, suite or apartment?
Here is a sample of how to decode your assignment.

How do I cancel my housing application/contract?
To cancel residential services, you must submit the Cancellation Form. Additional information about the cancellation process can be found here.

Can I change my assignment?
Yes. Students who do not like their room assignment may use the room change period, to move to another space on campus, if one is available. The room change period takes place once every semester. Students are encouraged to monitor their UNC Charlotte email account for more information and to periodically visit our home page for details about the room change period.

How do I appeal a housing/dining charge?
To appeal a decision relating to refunds of fees for dining, housing and related services and/or housing deposits, a student must submit an online Tuition, Housing and Dining Appeals. Appeals for housing and meal plan charges must be submitted no later than twelve (12) months after the posting date of the charge on the student’s account. For more information about the appeals process, visit the Tuition, Housing and Dining Appeals webpage.


How can I find out information about Move-in and appointment times?
Check our Move-In Guide!

What should I bring to campus when I move in?
We provide a list of what to bring and what to leave at home in our Move-In Guide.

What can I do to my room to personalize it?
We encourage our residents to make their living spaces their own. This is where you will most likely sleep, eat, study, and play during the coming months! Learn more about your room here

What is the smoking policy in the Residence Halls?
All areas in UNC Charlotte's residential facilities are designated smoke free spaces. This includes all areas within tower rooms, suites, and apartments as well as public areas, such as lobbies, stairwells, fire escapes, elevators, bathrooms, laundry rooms, hallways, and floor and building lounges. All persons at the University share the responsibility of adhering to and enforcing the smoking policy. Learn more about our policies in the Resident Handbook

What utilities am I responsible for in the Residence Halls?
When you live on campus you do not have to worry about any utility bills! Everything is included in your housing bill. You receive local telephone service, electricity, water, Internet, and cable services. Learn more here.

What size is the mattress on the bed in my room?
Most of our mattresses are Twin XL (36" wide by 80" long). When you purchase your sheets, check the packaging to find the length of the fitted sheet. Greek Village has double mattresses (53" wide by 80" long). Mattress covers are not provided for beds. You may consider purchasing your own cover since they can be helpful in preventing stain damage to the mattresses. Staining can result in a damage charge being applied to the student's account on check out. Learn more about our Services and Amentities, including linens, here.